In case you are using another Project Management system or want to have a Project template to create new projects using a standard structure, you may use the Project Import functionality to import projects into TaskBlast.
To import a project, you will use an Excel template file (it can be downloaded from this link or directly from the Import option within the system), to fill all the required data and then use this Excel template to import it into TaskBlast.
For new users and users considering to use TaskBlast, we will be including some Project template examples here for you to import predefined Demo projects to start working with TaskBlast:
Template example for Software Development Project:
- Import Template: please use this link to download template.
- Description: This project is a project example of Software Development project with Tasks to design and develop a Mobile App, a Website and do some Marketing. The project has some Milestones with Sprints, and Tasks distributed in different Sprints and Taskboard Lanes.
To make things easier, an Excel template file is all you need to do the import.
You won’t need to generate any CSV, TXT or any other file format.
The Excel template have the following sections (fields with * are required):
This section contains general information about the Project to import.
- project-name*: name of the Project. May contain spaces and some special characters.
- project-acronym*: will be used as a prefix to Tasks ids for the project for better referencing of Tasks. Must be 3 characters long and upper-case.
- project-start-date*: date when the project starts (date in Excel format so you don’t have to worry about it).
- project-end-date*: date when the project ends (date in Excel format so you don’t have to worry about it). Must be a date after project-start-date.
This section contains information to import new users to the system. Can be left blank if there are no new users and Users already in the system will be ignored. Please consider the maximum numbers of users you may have with your Subscription when importing new users.
- user-email*: email address of the user. Should be a valid email address.
- user-first-name*: first name of the user to import.
- user-last-name*: last name of the user to import.
This section contains information on Milestones of the project (milestones are top-level phases of the project), and Sprint information (Sprints are small and iterative phases of the project).
- milestone-name*: name of the Milestone to import. If the Milestone has several Sprints, please repeat the Milestone name for all it’s Sprints.
- sprint-name*: name of the Sprint to import and that is in the scope of the Milestone in the same row.
- sprint-start-date*: date when the Sprint starts (date in Excel format so you don’t have to worry about it).
- sprint-end-date*: date when the Sprint ends (date in Excel format so you don’t have to worry about it).
This section contains information to create the project Taskboard, where Lanes are major States for Tasks, and Sublanes is where Tasks are placed within the Taskboard.
- lane-name*: name of the Lane to import. If the Lane has several Sublanes, please repeat the Lane name for all it’s Sublanes.
- sublane-name*: name of the Sublane that is part of the corresponding Lane.
This section contains information about the Tasks of the Project. Since Tasks are placed on Sublanes and on Sprints, you need to explicitly indicate this information for every Task in order to correctly assign the Tasks when doing the import process.
- milestone-name*: name of the Milestone to where the Task will be associated.
- sprint-name*: name of the Sprint to where the Task will be associated.
- lane-name*: name of the Lane to where the Task will be associated.
- sublane-name*: name of the Sublane to where the Task will be associated.
- task-title*: tile of that generally describes the Task.
- task-type*: type of Task, which can be “Task”, “Bug”, “Feature”, “Story”.
- task-description: a brief description of what the Task is about. You can use HTML tags in the description.
- task-assignees-email: comma separated list of emails of users assigned to the Task.
- task-priority*: priority for the Task, “Low”, “Medium”, “High”, “Urgent”.
- task-start-date: date when the Task starts (date in Excel format so you don’t have to worry about it).
- task-due-date: date when the Task ends (date in Excel format so you don’t have to worry about it).
- task-estimation-hours: estimated hours of effort to complete the Task.
- task-tag: a label or tag to classify the Task and help you filter by Tag in the Taskboard.
Importing the Project using the Excel template:
To start importing a Project, go to the Settings section (Setting button in the top bar of the system):
Then select the Integration option in the left menu:
Browse for the Excel template file with project data and click Import:
The system will import the Project. Once imported, please select it from the Kanban or ListView panel: